Monday, June 27, 2016

Be Light

Samuel Rodriguez challenges us to be light in a dark world. I'd like to share this quote with you today.

"Every person on the planet either shines light or facilitates the expansion of darkness.

My mission is simple. I want to be a light.

I want to be light in a very dark world.

I want to be light by recognizing the image of God in every human being.

I want to be light by reconciling Billy Graham's message with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s march.

I want to reconcile righteousness with justice, sanctification with service, holiness with humility, conviction with compassion, and truth with love.

In short, I want to change the world. And I want you to join me." Samuel Rodriguez

In Samuel's speech at Asbury University's 2016 graduation and in his book he challenges us to be light in a dark world. If you ever have an opportunity to hear this man speak, go. He also has a book out, Be Light.

I think the first step for us to be light is to get into the word of God.

"No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light." Luke 11:33 NIV

Today I challenge us all to find some way to be light in a dark world. It can be as simple as saying a kind word to a friend, store clerk, or a waitress. I'd love to hear how you find ways to be light.

No comments:

Post a Comment