Monday, July 23, 2012

Details



It's all in the details. Have you ever thought about that expression?

I wonder if in today's busy world do we take care of the little details? How easy is it to forget the little things on the way to the big picture?


I spotted a bench in a city park in Mobile, Alabama this spring. Look at all the details included in each tile. Somebody took time to paint each little square in order to create a big picture.

This bench sits in a park where it gets rained on and birds fly over it, yet the artist took care to make it a thing of beauty.

A visitor may rest on this bench or a homeless person may make it his bed for the night.

I'm so glad the artist took care of the details when creating this. I was delighted to discover this piece of art as I walked through downtown Mobile.

I'm going to try to pay attention to the details as I go about my work.

I hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Our attention to detail is what makes us do what we do - write stories. Love the bench

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too! Thanks for stopping by, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete