Monday, March 24, 2014
Dogs and acetaminophen
Have you noticed I seem to be stuck on a dog theme? I fill prescriptions for dogs at the pharmacy and recently it came to my attention that dogs should not take acetaminophen. This is the active ingredient in Tylenol.
I've had customers call me at the drug store and say their dog chewed on the prescription bottle and ate some of the medicine.
Here are some symptoms of an overdose of acetaminophen.
Swollen face, neck or limbs.
Discolored gums --brown or gray
If you suspect your dog has overdosed on acetaminophen, take him to the vet immediately.
Often we know to keep medicine out of the reach of children, but let's don't forget our pets.
Happy 4th of July! This week we're celebrating the Declaration of Independence. Years ago men and women came to this land in search of r...
Today, I'm excited to have Scott Layton on my blog. Earlier this year, my wife and I decided to make a move to Waco, TX. Although we l...
Huntington Beach State Park is a fun place to visit in Murrells Inlet, SC. Now that we live near the beach, Tim and I don't ever want to...
Hurricane Irma hit Murrells Inlet as a tropical storm. The storm ended with lots of tornadoes coming inland from the ocean. At one point la...