Thursday, April 17, 2014
Getting Mentally Tough
I was never a cheerleader, but I've loved cheering family and friends on to victory. I love seeing people work hard and win. One thing winners have in common is that they are mentally tough. Here are some tips for getting mentally tough whether you compete in sports or are preparing for a big test. We face many challenges in life, and we need to be tough to face them.
What do you need to get mentally tough for? I hope these tips help.
1. Start each day with God. Pray for his strength as you go through the day.
2. Embrace adversity and see where it takes you.
3. Stay positive in the face of negative people. Focus on the positive people in your life. Thank God for those who support and encourage you.
4. Trust God when the fear creeps in.
5. Learn from your failures. How can you do it better next time?
6. All things are possible with God.
7. Never give up.
8. Don’t forget to rest. Even God rested on the seventh day.
9. We can do all things through God who gives us strength.
10. Believe in yourself and focus on being the best you can be.