This new game has given those of us who are playing a fun way to get to know each other. And now I am inviting you to play, too!
What is the game? Answer as many of the questions below as you want. Fun answers are definitely permitted, serious ones allowed, and cornier than ever ones preferred. Ready to get started?
First, I must credit my friend Mary Vee for tagging me in this game.
1. How tall are you?
5'10" and I used to hate being this tall, but now I've discovered it came in handy when raising sons. Once in a while when somebody tries to talk down to me I try to stand even straighter.
2. Do you have a hidden talent?
I've thought about this a lot. All I've come up with is painting furniture.
3. What is your biggest blogger pet peeve?
When a post goes on too long. People don't have a lot of time, and if it's too long I'll skim or skip it completely. On the flip side, I love pictures and like to see a lot of pictures on blogs.
4. What is your biggest non-blogger pet peeve?
Bad grammar bothers me, especially when people know better but use poor language to be cute.
5.What is your favorite song?
One of my all time favorite songs is That's What I love about Sunday by Craig Morgan.
6. What's your favorite Etsy shop that isn't yours?
I don't even know what this means. Can you ask me a football statistic? Ha.
7. What is your favorite way to spend time when you are alone?
These days my favorite way to spend time is to write in my office.
8. What is your favorite junk food?
It used to be Rocky Road ice cream, but now that I'm still trying to do Paleo, it's dark chocolate covered raisins.
9. Do you have pets?
Yes, I have a Westie, and his name is Heinz.
10. What are you #1 favorite fiction and non-fiction books?
Non-fiction would have to be the Bible. I spend more time reading and studying it than anything else.
Fiction...there are too many great books to choose from. If Brandilyn Collins writes it though, I always buy and read it. She's amazing.
11. What is your favorite beauty product?
Mascara because my eyelashes are almost non-existant.
12. When were you last embarrassed? What happened?
The other day I walked over to help a customer at the drug store, and the man said he wanted to speak to "the best" pharmacist. Both of the men I work with are smarter than me, but it kinda hurt my feelings. That day I was working with my boss, Ben. What I didn't know was that Ben had been voted best pharmacist for 2014 in Jessamine County, Kentucky. The man laughed at me and told me what he was talking about.
13. If you could drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Tea. Hot or cold. I love tea anytime.
14. What is your favorite movie?
While You Were Sleeping is my favorite movie.
15. What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep?
I was in band, played golf, and worked on the yearbook.
16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
The coast of North Carolina, but I'm happy in Kentucky.
17. PC or Mac?
18. Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?
My hubby does so many nice things for me it's hard to know where to start. The last Saturday I didn't work at the drug store, he gave me an entire day to write while he did yard work.
19. Favorite celebrity?
20. What blogger do you secretly want to be friends with?
I love the Seekerville ladies, and it was such a thrill to meet some of them in September. They were even nicer than I imagined.
I hope I didn't bore you with 20 things you may not have known. Now it's your turn. Pick as many of the questions above and share your answer.
People are flocking to the beaches in South Carolina. It's getting to be a challenge to find parking places, but we found an out-of-the-...
I'm going to take a few weeks off as we prepare to move. We're staying in South Carolina, but for many reasons we need to move to a ...
Today please welcome guest blogger Brooke Sturdevant. She wrote this when she was in second grade about our move to South Carolina. The g...
A lot of people I talk to in the Carolinas feel like they lost the month of September. When Florence became a reality for us, we prepared. H...