Thursday, January 9, 2014

Diligence



My word for 2014 is diligence.

I've been writing for a while now, and it'd be easy to give up. But I'm not. I'm going to continue writing and hope to honor God one day with my stories.


Merriam-Webster defines diligence as “preserving application” and the synonym is “attentive and persistent effort."

Dictionary.com defines diligence as "constant in effort to accomplish something; attentive and persistent in doing anything."


I shared my story with you of refinishing the sideboard because more than once I considered giving up. I wasn't qualified to refinish a piece of furniture. But I asked around and investigated on the Internet before tackling the project.

I study the craft of writing and work on my stories most days. I'll continue diligently to improve my craft and hope one day to get published.


I hope you all have goals for 2014 that honor God. Don't give up the good fight to spread the good news of Jesus.

2 Peter 1:5-7 “But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.”

2 comments:

  1. GREAT WORD! Especially as a writer, because it does take SOOOOO much diligence:) Praying God' energizes and uplifts you in your writing this year, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susan. I hope God blesses your writing this year too!

      Delete